|"My Two Favorite People"|
| Season 1, Episode 9|
|Airdate:||May 3, 2010|
|Story:|| Merriwether Williams|
|Written & Storyboarded by:|| Pendleton Ward|
"Boom Boom Mountain"
My Two Favorite People is episode number nine in season one of Adventure Time with Finn and Jake.
Finn and Jake are fighting Science Cat and Shark at 4:00. Science Cat changes Jake into a butterfly, but Jake transforms back to normal. Jake realizes he is late for his date with Lady Rainicorn and heads to her house, where she eventually goes to bed and Jake heads home. He talks to the worm Shelby about the stresses of hanging out with both Finn and Lady Rainicorn. Shelby suggests the idea of all three of them hanging out at the same time. Jake arranges a picnic with Finn and Lady Rainicorn but problems are caused as Finn cannot understand Lady Rainicorn due to her speaking Korean. So they go underwater to find a translator device that Jake previously tossed into the ocean. The trio gets attacked by Lake Knights, but they escape and get the translator. Finn is impressed after they make it out at how good all three of them battle and suggests that they should battle all the time. There are three modes; old man, nightmare, and nerdy alien. Rainicorn cannot be understood in nerdy alien or nightmare, so it is left on old man, where Jake now remembers why he threw away the device. Finn refers to Lady Rainicorn as "Grandpa". As they fly to Finn and Jake's Tree Fort, they see a Forest Wizard giving out free Power Rings. As they go down, Jake slips off of Rainicorn without her or Finn knowing, and falls to somewhere in the forest and grows huge to find them. He scares away the Forest Wizard and the Bears, and Finn tries to give Jake a ring, but finds out that they are cursed. Back at the Tree Fort, Finn and Lady Rainicorn play on Beemo and Jake gets jealous that Finn is trying to take Rainicorn away from him. As Finn and Lady go to a party with Cloud People, Jake gets more and more jealous and finally cracks once he sees the two spending time together without him in a date-like setting. So he calls someone to get both Finn and Rainicorn jealous; he calls Tiffany, who can play viola and has a girl's name, and makes him his new best friend. Finn and Tiffany fight, while Jake and Rainicorn apologize to each other. Jake gets rid of the translator, as he is creeped out by her old man voice, and Finn drives Tiffany away. All of them apologize and hang out with each other again.
- Science Cat
- Lady Rainicorn
- Lake Knights
- Cloud People
- The original story board included an extended ending with Shark and Science Cat both coming back at 4:00 P.M. to start the fight once again. This concept was cut out by the time the show aired.
- When Jake crashed into the bushes, a leaf is seen right where a fig leaf would be on him.
- Even though Finn has 8 fingers, he had 10 when he was showing Jake his Power Rings.
- Finn says "Oh, I got the sword!" when him and Lady Rainicorn are clearly playing a racing game.
- Jake lists off the names Doug, Todd, Jerry, Dennis, Reggie, Peter, George, Larry, Luke, David, Benton, Mike R. Mike H., Mike A., Garreth, Jennings, Mr. International, Mr. Outrageous, Captain Majesty, The Flying Lettuce Brothers, Pete The Punk, and Tiffany from his phone.
- The party in the Cloud Kingdom seems to last from 2 A.M. until 11 A.M. the next morning.
- This episode has been nominated for a 2010 Primetime Emmy in the category of Outstanding Short-format Animated Program along with:
- Chowder • “The Toots”
- Kick Buttowski: Suburban Daredevil • “Racing The Schoolbus”
- The Marvelous Misadventures Of Flapjack • “Tee Hee Tummy Tums”
- Robot Chicken • “Full-Assed Christmas Special"
- “Uncle Grandpa”